(NewsUSA) - New Year's Day is a popular time for making resolutions to save more and spend less, but you don't have to wait until January 1 to commit to financial well-being. This October 6, World Financial Planning Day provides the perfect opportunity to refresh your financial plan and set goals for your future.
World Financial Planning Day is dedicated to increasing financial literacy worldwide and helping people understand the value of financial planning, as well as the role a competent and ethical financial planner can play in making sense of your finances.
Experts agree that it's important to periodically review your financial plan to determine if adjustments are needed, particularly given the economic and personal impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. If your circumstances have changed, your financial plan may need to change, too.
A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM professional is a highly trained and trusted advisor who can help you get a holistic view of your finances, identify the short- and long-term goals most important to you, and determine if you need a financial refresh to get there.
A CFP® professional can help you set and achieve goals, such as these:
* Afford a comfortable retirement. A CFP® professional can help you take advantage of saving and investing opportunities as you age, estimate your expenses in retirement, and prepare to have enough money to cover those costs for your lifetime.
* Buy a home. CFP® professionals can recommend key insurance, saving and budgeting strategies for buying a home and protecting what you own. They can also advise you on special programs to help reduce housing costs.
* Pay for a child's education. Understanding the tax breaks, savings plans and financial aid options that can make the cost of college more affordable are some of the ways that CFP® professionals can help you reach this goal, in addition to recommending strategies for paying off student loans.
* Start or grow a business. A CFP® professional can provide guidance on retirement savings plans for yourself and your employees, debt financing, succession planning, and adapting your personal financial plan to suit the risks and realities of owning a business.
* Get out of debt. CFP® professionals work with you to determine which debts to focus on repaying first and how to reduce what you pay in interest.
Visit LetsMakeAPlan.org to find a CFP® professional and learn more about how they can help you reach your goals by bringing all the pieces of your financial life together. Then you can mark this World Financial Planning Day as the kickoff to working with a competent, ethical financial planner to map out your financial future.