Breakfast with Santa slated
Christmas parade looking for entries
My list of blessings
Frederick High School hosts Veterans Day event
Frederick High School hosts Veterans Day event
- Miss Altus contestants wanted - 9:35 am
- Breakfast with Santa slated - 6:13 pm
- Christmas parade looking for entries - 6:19 pm
- Dance group visits juvenile center - 3:13 pm
- Jail report for Nov. 1 – 13 - 12:31 pm
- Frederick High School hosts Veterans Day event - 10:35 am
- Frederick High School hosts Veterans Day event - 10:26 am
- Frederick Community Calendar provided - 4:35 pm
- Rotary chooses Students of the Month - 12:14 pm
- Rotary students of the month chosen - 11:48 am
- Event held at Southwest Oklahoma Juvenile Center - 12:23 pm
- Elementary class chosen to decorate tree at Capitol - 1:01 pm
- Historical Society to host Veterans’ Day fundraiser - 1:13 pm
- Lyric Theatre celebrates the holiday season with A Christmas Carol - 1:01 pm
- Second annual ranch rodeo huge success - 12:53 pm
- View Story - 11:21 am
- Students receive Kindle Fires - 11:07 am
- 2017 cotton pageant winners named - 10:53 am
- Miss Grandfield 2017 named - 10:41 am
- Board of Education seat open - 10:34 am
- Students of the week chosen at Frederick Elementary - 10:27 am updated: 11:12 am.
- Frederick honors veterans - 8:26 pm
- 4-H Club banquet held - 12:03 pm
- Prather Brown students of the month chosen - 3:35 pm
- View Story - 11:25 am
Rotary students of the month chosen
Staff ReportThe Rotary Club chooses Students of the Month every month.Brooke Orr is the daughter of Vinson and Cheryl Orr. She has a GPA of 4.11 and i...
Event held at Southwest Oklahoma Juvenile Center
From Friday, Oct. 20 through Sunday, Oct. 22, twelve young men from the Southwest Oklahoma Juvenile Center (SWOJC) participated in the Kairos Torch No...
Elementary class chosen to decorate tree at Capitol
The Governor’s Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony is scheduled for Nov. 28. Elementary schools were encouraged to submit applications to be one of...
Historical Society to host Veterans’ Day fundraiser
Staff ReportThe Tillman County Historical Society is scheduled to host an autumn “Pancakes at the Pioneer Townsite” fundraiser on Veterans...
Lyric Theatre celebrates the holiday season with A Christmas Carol
OKLAHOMA CITY — Oklahoma’s favorite holiday tradition, Lyric’s A Christmas Carol, presented by Devon Energy, returns in its 2017 edi...
Second annual ranch rodeo huge success
Ethan Treadwell along with the Tri-County Cattlemen’s Association held the second annual Big Pasture Classic Ranch Rodeo Nov. 4 at the Tillman C...
Blazers edge Thunder behind Lillard’s 36 points, 13 assists
Associated PressPORTLAND, Ore. — Damian Lillard appears to have shelved whatever problems he had with his shooting touch the first two weeks of ...
New program teaches basketball skills
Staff ReportDear fourth, fifth and sixth Grade Lady Bombers and Parents:We would like to invite you to a new program that we are wanting to help build...
Bombers lose last home game of the season
Senior night started early, around 2:30 p.m., in the Bomber Hangar with senior poems, games and baby pictures.Airborne Demonstration Team’s newl...
High School men’s and women’s cross country teams compete
The Frederick High School men’s cross country team competed at regionals in Velma and will be going on to State Oct. 21 in Shawnee.The Frederick...
Bombers exorcise Blue Devils
The Frederick Bombers played host to the Walters Blue Devils for a district game this past Friday night in the Bomber Bowl.The Blue devils have won th...
No. 14 Oklahoma St sets yardage record, beats Baylor 59-16
STILLWATER — Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy and quarterback Mason Rudolph took their shirts off for an adoring crowd at a Homecoming pep rally ...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
The Frederick Chamber of Commerce welcomes Red River Pumpkin Patch to its membership. The new Agri-tourism attraction held its Grand Opening Oct. 1-2 ...
There will be a come and go birthday celebration honoring Francis Ayala 2-4 p.m. Saturday in the fellowship hall of St. Helen’s Catholic Church,...
Blue baby shower slated
Britni (Hoover) and Matt Smith will be honored with a “blue” baby shower 10 a.m. Sept. 24 at the home of Amy Hensley, 7074B Lovejoy Lane i...
Local artist hosts sidewalk art class
Lynn Melton hosted a sidewalk art class Aug. 2-5 for middle school students.Melton is the Artist-In-Resident at Frederick Public Schools.The class was...
Tillman County jail report for July 25-Aug. 2
Tyler Blake Ballew, age 27, Durant, knowingly concealing stolen property and failure to appear on second degree burglary charges.Robert Ray Hames, age...
Turkey, without a side of food poisoning please
With next week being Thanksgiving, I thought I would share again about one fateful holiday year. For the last 14 years, I’ve been blessed knowin...
Slim at the Pearly Gates
From a few years back: There was once this old cowboy by the name of Slim who died and came before St. Peter at the Pearly Gates. St. Pete tells the c...
I just don’t know if a person can say thank you enough. I bet I have said thank you a million times over the past few weeks while planning and b...
Art + chocolate = Brussels bliss
My original plan was to explore Brussels on day one and journey to nearby Ghent or Bruges on day two. Instead, my body insisted that I sleep all after...
My wife, Katherine Ann Hubbard Barnett was born to Edward F. Hubbard and Katherine Elizabeth Hubbard on May 14, 1946. Although she was born in Fort Wo...
What do you think about childless restaurants?
The other day I saw a news story about a restaurant out of Texas that had banned children. Not just banned after certain hours, but banned them entire...