Senior Spotlight Series: Jazerick Pitts
Etiquette for the school pickup line
Fatta’s tag with Maggie’s parents
Boots of the Gospel of Peace
Local music students attend camp
- View Story - 3:40 pm
- Possible gunshot victim found dead in Tillman County - 12:21 pm
- Former Frederick resident found dead - 10:13 am
- Fundraising efforts continue for public pool - 1:35 pm updated: 8:32 pm.
- Local music students attend camp - 3:19 pm
- McIntyre commits to play softball for Northwestern - 12:55 pm
- Acquitted ex-Tulsa officer volunteers at sheriff’s office - 11:03 am
- Jail report for July 28 – Aug. 11 - 11:00 am
- Local honored at Cattleman’s Banquet - 4:25 pm
- Man arrested on drug, weapons charges - 7:10 am
- Budget ‘in good shape’ for Frederick Public Schools - 6:04 pm
- Local youth return from mission trip - 5:47 pm
- Fire department wins Guns and Hoses vote - 12:35 pm
- Benefit concert held at food bank - 1:39 pm
- Back to school is here again - 1:36 pm
- All male beauty pageant held - 4:10 pm
- Local man arrested - 10:30 am
- Vendors Wanted for 2017 Arts n’ Action Festival - 3:48 pm
- Stocker cattle, wheat conference slated - 3:04 pm
- The World War II Airborne Demonstration Team holds special jump school - 6:34 pm
- WWII Airborne Team hosts Open Hangar Day - 6:33 pm
- Beauty or Beast: Frederick Arts Council presents Womanless Pageant - 2:43 pm
- Tillman County Health Department: Now is the time to vaccinate for school and day care - 1:04 pm
- Tillman County jail report for July 14 – 21 - 11:52 am
- Veterans visit during Open Hangar Day - 10:03 pm
Man arrested on drug, weapons charges
An Oklahoma City man was arrest in Frederick on multiple charges, including possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony.On July 25 at ab...
Budget ‘in good shape’ for Frederick Public Schools
The budget for Frederick Public Schools has been finalized just in time for a new school year.“There will be no cuts this year,” School Su...
Local youth return from mission trip
The Frederick United Methodist Church Youth Group went on a mission trip to Slidell, La. July 22 - 29. Youth Director Ann Clayton organized the trip.P...
Fire department wins Guns and Hoses vote
The Oklahoma Blood Institute held a blood drive July 27 at the First United Methodist Church in Frederick. The event, dubbed “Guns and Hoses,...
Benefit concert held at food bank
The Tillman County Food Bank hosted a concert by Barry and Michelle Patterson on July 25. The entrance fee to the concert was dry or canned goods.Jula...
Back to school is here again
A new school year is fast approaching. There are some important dates to keep in mind when getting children ready for the new year.Students entering p...
The third annual Salvation Army Scotch Doubles Bowling Tournament is scheduled to take place at 6:30 p.m. July 20 at 1616 E. Broadway St.
For three years the Salvation Army and Town and Country Lanes have teamed up to bring a bowling tournament to the community that not only provides fun...
Coaches Eddie Broughton and Leandra Johnson have spent the last week coaching young basketball players at the Western Oklahoma State College Summer Skills Camp in hope of instilling the importance of the fundamentals of the game of basketball
Eddie Broughton Sr. brought his basketball knowledge to Western Oklahoma State College one year ago to take over the reigns of the Lady Pioneers baske...
A League of Our Own entered its second baseball season on Tuesday at Missile Park and will play next on July 18 and July 25
July and August are the two hottest months where Oklahoma summers are concerned. That is especially true in southwest Oklahoma where temperatures typi...
Kobi Gomez looks to continue the success of the Altus High School Bulldog wrestling program while creating his own identity
When it comes to the wrestling mat, there are few names as synonymous with success in Altus as the name Gomez. From Neno Gomez to Gage and Kobi Gomez,...
Today’s highlights in sports history provided
Today is Sunday, July 2, the 183rd day of 2017. There are 182 days left in the year.Today’s highlights in sports history:1921 — The Jack D...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
The Frederick Chamber of Commerce welcomes Red River Pumpkin Patch to its membership. The new Agri-tourism attraction held its Grand Opening Oct. 1-2 ...
There will be a come and go birthday celebration honoring Francis Ayala 2-4 p.m. Saturday in the fellowship hall of St. Helen’s Catholic Church,...
Blue baby shower slated
Britni (Hoover) and Matt Smith will be honored with a “blue” baby shower 10 a.m. Sept. 24 at the home of Amy Hensley, 7074B Lovejoy Lane i...
Local artist hosts sidewalk art class
Lynn Melton hosted a sidewalk art class Aug. 2-5 for middle school students.Melton is the Artist-In-Resident at Frederick Public Schools.The class was...
Tillman County jail report for July 25-Aug. 2
Tyler Blake Ballew, age 27, Durant, knowingly concealing stolen property and failure to appear on second degree burglary charges.Robert Ray Hames, age...
We can all learn from Taylor Swift
I usually don’t pay too much attention to celebrity gossip unless it’s one I really like or really hate. But I happened to be scrolling th...
Back to school safety and upcoming events
School will begin in a week or a few days for many in the area. I’m not sure if it is school or the wonderful reprieve from the heat that Mother...
Y’all ever had the opportunity to come face to face with a big ol’ grizzly bear? Yep, lions and tigers and bears. Let’s talk about p...
Do I look German to you?
Just when I thought my Italian was picking up speed—I had actually had an entire conversation at a bus stop with a delightful elderly man using ...
Walking down Campfire Hill
In honor of the WWII Airborne Demonstration Team’s Summer Jump School and Open Hangar Day, I thought I would use this week’s column for an...
Is there any hope?
St. Paul from Romans 5:1-8 – New International Version of the Bible“Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace w...